From our experience working with franchise brands locally and nationally, we’ve been able to spot a few KEY differences in our approach to marketing and why brands with multiple locations have been able to trust us with their marketing efforts.
We know every one of your locations is different and special in its own way. We also know campaigns aren’t one size fits all. That’s why we market on a store-by-store basis. That’s why Mckay Advertising + Activation has a localized marketing approach with a store-by-store strategy for clients with multiple locations. We highlight the entire customer journey from the initial touchpoint to the paying customer and we track that interaction all the way through. To put it simply, we can track if a NEW customer interacts with an Ad and then walks into your store!
In addition to our baseline marketing strategy, the key to our success lies in our Proprietary Location Persona Strategy.
How many people do you want to reach?
2. Product Uniqueness vs Competitors:
Which offerings can we push an advantage on?
3. Population Demographics
Age, Gender, Ethnicity, Income
4. Product Preferences:
Do they like your “product A” more than your “Product B” in a certain location?
5. Chain vs Local Presence
Do you want to emphasize the product or quick and ease of service?
Questions to ask your media buyer
Unfortunately, we’ve noticed that most media partners report metrics that look great at a glance, but when you dive into the details they are VERY misleading when it comes to new customer acquisition for your stores.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself and your media buyer:
- What percentage of our PPC budget is allocated towards branded vs non-branded search?
- Are we being conquested by competitors? Do we have a conquest strategy?
- Do we have hard analytics about where customers come from, or are we relying on Word of Mouth? e.g. “I think I heard it on the radio”
- What ways are we using our first-party data in our campaigns?
- What are our main reporting metrics? Are they represented in a live dashboard?
- What new ideas have been tested this week?
- How is my media affecting sales? Have our sales team met with the media buyer?
What To Be:
- Digital warriors focused on ROI
- Constantly optimizing using data
- Idea Generators
- Your Personal Collaborators
What Not To Be:
- A one-size-fits-all approach
- Set it and forget it marketers
- Nameless or faceless